giraph-user mailing list archives

From David Boyd <db...@data-tactics-corp.com>
Subject Re: Getting Giraph to build/run with CDH4 (cannot initialize cluster - check mapreduce.framework.name)
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2013 14:47:48 GMT
Eli:
     Thanks.    I was coming to that conclusion.   The documentation is
out of sync and very sketchy.
I was basing this off of the README file in the 0.2 snapshot(line
173).   It should not make a difference is the
cluster being submitted to is running local or or remote.

      What is really missing is some basic documentation on exactly how
to run other examples other than
the PageRankBenchmark.      Depending on priorities hopefully I will get
some time to mess around and
figure out one or two.

       If anyone on the list has a small example program or test they
are willing to share I would be most
appreciative as that would help my target users significantly.

On 2/26/2013 9:01 PM, Eli Reisman wrote:
> [...]
>>>
>>>             The information contained in this message may be privileged
>>>             and/or confidential and protected from disclosure.
>>>             If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient
>>>             or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this
>>>             message
>>>             to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
>>>             dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication
>>>             is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
>>>             communication
>>>             in error, please notify the sender immediately by
>>>             replying to
>>>             this message and deleting the material from any computer.
>>>

>>         --
>>         =========mailto:dboyd@data-tactics.com  ============
>>         David W. Boyd
>>         Director, Engineering, Research and Development
>>         Data Tactics Corporation
>>         7901 Jones Branch, Suite 240
>>         Mclean, VA 22102
>>         office:+1-703-506-3735, ext 308  <tel:%2B1-703-506-3735%2C%20ext%20308>

>>         fax:+1-703-506-6703  <tel:%2B1-703-506-6703>
>>         cell:+1-703-402-7908  <tel:%2B1-703-402-7908>
>>         ==============http://www.data-tactics.com/  ============
>>

>>         The information contained in this message may be privileged
>>         and/or confidential and protected from disclosure.
>>         If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient
>>         or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message
>>         to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
>>         dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication
>>         is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication
>>         in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to
>>         this message and deleting the material from any computer.
>>

>     --
>     =========mailto:dboyd@data-tactics.com  ============
>     David W. Boyd
>     Director, Engineering, Research and Development
>     Data Tactics Corporation
>     7901 Jones Branch, Suite 240
>     Mclean, VA 22102
>     office:+1-703-506-3735, ext 308  <tel:%2B1-703-506-3735%2C%20ext%20308>

>     fax:+1-703-506-6703  <tel:%2B1-703-506-6703>
>     cell:+1-703-402-7908  <tel:%2B1-703-402-7908>
>     ==============http://www.data-tactics.com/  ============
>

>     The information contained in this message may be privileged
>     and/or confidential and protected from disclosure.
>     If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient
>     or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message
>     to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
>     dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication
>     is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication
>     in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to
>     this message and deleting the material from any computer.

--
========= mailto:dboyd@data-tactics.com ============
David W. Boyd
Director, Engineering, Research and Development
fax:     +1-703-506-6703
cell:     +1-703-402-7908
============== http://www.data-tactics.com/ ============