giraph-user mailing list archives

From Eli Reisman <apache.mail...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Issue with GiraphTypeValidator
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2013 21:38:39 GMT
its been a while since i looked at what was moved to where, but my latest
impression is if you use GiraphRunner in the way you are doing, specify the
IO formats at the command line from the io/ dir (io package) for best
results. There should be equivalents for the ones you're using, or compare
those to the ones you want to use from examples/ right now and see if
there's any obvious differences. The ones still in the example dir are very
old and closely tied to the examples they were written for.

Most users I know find getting the IO formats working for them requires the
most experimentation, there will be more work to simplify this in the near
future I'd expect. Sorry about the trouble.

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 1:19 AM, Benoît Denis <benoit.denis.ph@gmail.com>wrote:

> they all come from the examples package
>

> 2013/1/23 Eli Reisman <apache.mailbox@gmail.com>
>
>> are these IO formats in the exaples package, or io package?
>>

>> On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 2:01 PM, Benoît Denis <benoit.denis.ph@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I am a very new user of Giraph, I have currently an issue with a
>>> NullPointerException, but I am not sure if I did an error or if it is a
>>> real bug.
>>>
>>> I am trying to make this command work : hadoop jar
>>> giraph-0.2-SNAPSHOT-for-hadoop-1.0.2-jar-with-dependencies.jar
>>> org.apache.giraph.GiraphRunner org.apache.giraph.examples.IdentityVertex
>>> -vif org.apache.giraph.examples.LongDoubleFloatDoubleTextInputFormat -vip
>>> graph1 -op graphout -of
>>> org.apache.giraph.examples.SimpleTextVertexOutputFormat -w 3
>>>
>>> (with graph1 being a small text file containing a little graph that I
>>> correctly loaded into HDFS)
>>>
>>> This is not supposed to do a lot, but it does not work... I get this (I
>>> added some log instructions) :
>>>
>>> 13/01/20 22:45:37 DEBUG giraph.GiraphRunner: Attempting to run Vertex:
>>> org.apache.giraph.examples.IdentityVertex
>>> 13/01/20 22:45:38 DEBUG graph.GiraphTypeValidator: vertexClass : class
>>> org.apache.giraph.examples.IdentityVertex
>>> 13/01/20 22:45:38 DEBUG graph.GiraphTypeValidator: list size : 4
>>> 13/01/20 22:45:38 DEBUG graph.GiraphTypeValidator: index 0 : null
>>> 13/01/20 22:45:38 DEBUG graph.GiraphTypeValidator: index 1 : null
>>> 13/01/20 22:45:38 DEBUG graph.GiraphTypeValidator: index 2 : null
>>> 13/01/20 22:45:38 DEBUG graph.GiraphTypeValidator: index 3 : null
>>> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
>>>  at
>>> org.apache.giraph.graph.GiraphTypeValidator.validateClassTypes(GiraphTypeValidator.java:111)
>>> at org.apache.giraph.GiraphRunner.run(GiraphRunner.java:279)
>>>  at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolRunner.run(ToolRunner.java:65)
>>> at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolRunner.run(ToolRunner.java:79)
>>>  at org.apache.giraph.GiraphRunner.main(GiraphRunner.java:294)
>>>  at
>>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
>>> at