giraph-user mailing list archives

From pradeep kumar <pradeep0...@gmail.com>
Subject Using HiveGiraphRunner with dependencies
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2013 00:49:20 GMT
Hi,****

Actually we are trying to use giraph in our project for graph analysis with
hive, so far it was good build was successful shortestpath example ran fine
but working with hive is been a real issue.  we started with command line***
*

** **

hadoop jar giraph-hcatalog-0.2-SNAPSHOT-jar-with-dependencies.jar
org.apache.giraph.io.hcatalog.HiveGiraphRunner -db default -vertexClass
org.apache.giraph.vertex.Vertex -vertexInputFormatClass
org.apache.giraph.io.hcatalog.HCatalogVertexInputFormat
-vertexOutputFormatClass
org.apache.giraph.io.hcatalog.HCatalogVertexOutputFormat -w 1 -vi testinput
-o testoutput -hiveconf
javax.jdo.option.ConnectionURL=jdbc:mysql://localhost/metastore -hiveconf
javax.jdo.option.ConnectionDriverName=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver -hiveconf
javax.jdo.option.ConnectionUserName=root -hiveconf
javax.jdo.option.ConnectionPassword=root -hiveconf
datanucleus.autoCreateSchema=false -hiveconf datanucleus.fixedDatastore=true
****

** **

is it a wrong way of doing it.. because we are running into exception while
doing so..****

and if its wrong,****

then any suggestion on how can we proceed will be a great help.****

** **