giraph-user mailing list archives

From Peter Morgan <pmorgan...@gmail.com>
Subject Differences with Edge and Vertex Input Format
Date Sun, 20 Jan 2013 14:11:31 GMT
I'm interested in hearing about the differences in loading using the edge
and vertex inputs. In particular, I have a few questions:

1) How can vertex state be set using edge input format?
2) How are vertices with only in-edges initialised using edge input format?
3) Is either vertex or edge input more efficient for loading? I guess less
needs to be shuffled around the network using vertex input?
4) If your adjacency list for vertex input is pre-partitioned, does this
decrease loading time as again vertices don't need to be shuffled across
the network?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Peter