giraph-user mailing list archives

From "Tu, Min" <m...@paypal.com>
Subject Re: GiraphJob in 0.1 vs 0.2
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2013 18:03:31 GMT
Hi Avery,

Thank you very much for your help. That works.

The current giraph release is 0.1 and there are a lot of packages/api changes from 0.1 to
0.2. Would you please let me know , roughly, when 0.2 will be released?

Also, it would be very helpful for me to understand the giraph code if there is some documentation
to describe the whole architecture and overall design/packages. Would you please share with
me if you have it?

Thanks again.

Min

From: Avery Ching <aching@apache.org<mailto:aching@apache.org>>
Date: Tuesday, January 22, 2013 5:09 PM
To: "user@giraph.apache.org<mailto:user@giraph.apache.org>" <user@giraph.apache.org<mailto:user@giraph.apache.org>>
Cc: "Tu, Min" <mitu@paypal.com<mailto:mitu@paypal.com>>
Subject: Re: GiraphJob in 0.1 vs 0.2

Hi Min, please take a look at the GiraphJob method getInternalJob() for such use.

Avery

On 1/22/13 12:10 PM, Tu, Min wrote:
Hi,

This is Min Tu and I have created a POC program using Giraph 0.1 successfully.

Currently I am trying to migrate my program from Giraph 0.1 to 0.2 and facing this issue:

  1.  Using 0.1 giraph, in my code, I used following code to add the input path:
     *   GiraphJob job = new GiraphJob(getConf(), getClass().getName());

FileInputFormat.addInputPath(job, new Path(argArray[0]));

  2.  However, in 0.2 giraph, the GiraphJob is NOT extending the org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.Job
class anymore
  3.  I tried to search the examples package but can not find how to add the input to the
Giraph job.

Please advise.

Thank for your time and effort.

Min