giraph-user mailing list archives

From "Choudhury, Sutanay" <sutanay.choudh...@pnnl.gov>
Subject Problems with running giraph in pseudo-distributed setting
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2012 03:31:18 GMT
I'm trying to implement a graph search algorithm on top of Giraph.

However, I'm having problems with running existing giraph modules/tests.  I'm running hadoop
in a pseudo-distributed mode on a 32 processor machine, and built giraph-0.2 with hadoop-0.20.203.0.
 I have tried the same configuration on 4-core imac and the jobs are hanging there as well.
 I didn't change the hadoop configuration from the out of box settings.

I tried running the pagerank benchmark:
hadoop jar giraph-0.2-SNAPSHOT-for-hadoop-0.20.203.0-jar-with-dependencies.jar org.apache.giraph.benchmark.PageRankBenchmark
-e 1 -s 3 -v -V 50 -w 2

Given the similarity between the problems, I wonder if I am not configuring something properly.
 I'd appreciate any suggestions you can offer.

Sutanay