giraph-user mailing list archives

From Tripti Singh <tri...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: ERROR checkWorkers: Did not receive enough processes in time (only 1 of 3 required)
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2012 06:46:56 GMT
Hi Rodrigo,
I am also new to giraph. But this error looks familiar.
I ran into this when I was asking for more workers than available on the queue.
Looks like it could find only 1 when u asked for 3.

Thanks,
Tripti.

From: rodrigo zerbini <rodrigo.zerbini@gmail.com<mailto:rodrigo.zerbini@gmail.com>>
Date: Monday, November 26, 2012 2:24 AM
To: "user@giraph.apache.org<mailto:user@giraph.apache.org>" <user@giraph.apache.org<mailto:user@giraph.apache.org>>
Subject: ERROR checkWorkers: Did not receive enough processes in time (only 1 of 3 required)

Hello.

I'm running the Shortest Paths example with the command below:

$ hadoop jar giraph-0.2-SNAPSHOT-for-hadoop-0.20.203.0-jar-with-dependencies.jar org.apache.giraph.GiraphRunner
org.apache.giraph.examples.SimpleShortestPathsVertex -if org.apache.giraph.io.JsonLongDoubleFloatDoubleVertexInputFormat
-ip shortestPathsInputGraph -of org.apache.giraph.io.JsonLongDoubleFloatDoubleVertexOutputFormat
-op shortestPathsOutputGraph -w 3

Unfortunately, the output is not right. Some jobs were killed and I got this in the log:

ERROR org.apache.giraph.graph.BspServiceMaster: checkWorkers: Did not receive enough processes
in time (only 1 of 3 required).  This occurs if you do not have enough map tasks available
simultaneously on your Hadoop instance to fulfill the number of requested workers.

What is going on? How could I fix this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Rodrigo Zerbini