giraph-user mailing list archives

From rodrigo zerbini <rodrigo.zerb...@gmail.com>
Subject ERROR checkWorkers: Did not receive enough processes in time (only 1 of 3 required)
Date Sun, 25 Nov 2012 20:54:22 GMT
Hello.

I'm running the Shortest Paths example with the command below:

$ hadoop jar
giraph-0.2-SNAPSHOT-for-hadoop-0.20.203.0-jar-with-dependencies.jar
org.apache.giraph.GiraphRunner
org.apache.giraph.examples.SimpleShortestPathsVertex -if
org.apache.giraph.io.JsonLongDoubleFloatDoubleVertexInputFormat -ip
shortestPathsInputGraph -of
org.apache.giraph.io.JsonLongDoubleFloatDoubleVertexOutputFormat -op
shortestPathsOutputGraph -w 3

Unfortunately, the output is not right. Some jobs were killed and I got
this in the log:

ERROR org.apache.giraph.graph.BspServiceMaster: checkWorkers: Did not
receive enough processes in time (only 1 of 3 required).  This occurs
if you do not have enough map tasks available simultaneously on your
Hadoop instance to fulfill the number of requested workers.

What is going on? How could I fix this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Rodrigo Zerbini