giraph-user mailing list archives

From Henry Garner <he...@henrygarner.com>
Subject Re: A very newbie question about VertexInputFormat and VertexOutputFormat
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2012 08:33:39 GMT
Hi Fabrizio,

I'm just getting started with Giraph and struggled with getting a 'hello world' example running
too. It looks like you're missing the input and output path arguments (-ip, -op) telling Giraph
where to load your data from and where to write the results.

If you just want to see something working and don't mind which data you process, I found following
along with the shortest path example helpful (https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GIRAPH/Shortest+Paths+Example).
I got the algorithm working through GiraphRunner by loading the sample data from (http://ece.northwestern.edu/~aching/shortestPathsInputGraph.tar.gz)
into hadoop at ~/shortestPathsInputGraph and then running the following:

hadoop jar giraph-0.2-SNAPSHOT-for-hadoop-0.20.203.0-jar-with-dependencies.jar \
	org.apache.giraph.GiraphRunner \
	org.apache.giraph.examples.SimpleShortestPathsVertex \
	-if org.apache.giraph.io.JsonLongDoubleFloatDoubleVertexInputFormat -ip shortestPathsInputGraph
\
	-of org.apache.giraph.io.JsonLongDoubleFloatDoubleVertexOutputFormat -op shortestPathsOutputGraph
\
	-w 1

Hope that helps.

Best wishes,