giraph-user mailing list archives

From Alessandro Presta <alessan...@fb.com>
Subject Re: Help understanding Page Rank example.
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2012 09:39:22 GMT
Hi Ganesh,

The way our benchmarks are currently organized is the following: a Benchmark class extends
Vertex (the main unit of computation in a Giraph job) and Tool (a Hadoop application that
can be run on a cluster).

Although the computation code is essentially the same, SimplePageRankVertex is only used as
an example and test case, so it's not related to benchmarks.

Alessandro

From: Dodda Ganesh <doddaganesh1@gmail.com<mailto:doddaganesh1@gmail.com>>
Date: Wednesday, August 1, 2012 6:16 AM
To: "user@giraph.apache.org<mailto:user@giraph.apache.org>" <user@giraph.apache.org<mailto:user@giraph.apache.org>>
Subject: Help understanding Page Rank example.

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to understand the flow on control in giraph. I took the example of PageRank which
was given with the code. However, I am really confused.

 if (!cmd.hasOption('c') ||
        (Integer.parseInt(cmd.getOptionValue('c')) == 1)) {
      job.setVertexClass(PageRankBenchmark.class);
    } else {
      job.setVertexClass(HashMapVertexPageRankBenchmark.class);
    }

Here, the file 'SimplePageRankVertex' is not used at all. Can someone please help me ?

Ganesh