giraph-user mailing list archives

From Jan van der Lugt <janl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to use master compute
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2012 21:16:47 GMT
Hi Gianmarco,

Basically you create a class subclassing MasterCompute and define its
compute() function. Then, you set it via setMasterComputeClass(). Note that
the master can only communicate with the vertices via aggregators. That
being said, there are some JIRAs that change/improve the way MasterCompute
works, especially the way how aggregators are handled. You might want to
wait a few days before the dust settles and the API stabilizes.

- Jan