giraph-user mailing list archives

From Amani Alonazi <amani.alon...@kaust.edu.sa>
Subject Giraph Job "Task attempt_* failed to report status" Problem
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2012 05:12:25 GMT
Hi all,

I'm running a minimum spanning tree compute function on Hadoop cluster (20
machines). After certain supersteps (e.g. superstep 47 for a graph of
4,194,304 vertices and 181,566,970 edges), the execution time increased
dramatically. This is not the only problem, the job has been killed "Task
attempt_* failed to report status for 601 seconds. Killing! "

I disabled the checkpoint feature by setting the
"CHECKPOINT_FREQUENCY_DEFAULT = 0" in GiraphJob.java. I don't need to write
any data to disk neither snapshots nor output. I tested the algorithm on
sample graph of 7 vertices and it works well.

Is there any way to profile or debug Giraph job?
In the Giraph Stats the "Aggregate finished vertices" counter is it for the
vertices which voted to halt? Also the "sent messages" counter, is it per
each superstep or the total msgs?
If a vertex vote to halt, will it be activated upon receiving messages?

Thanks a lot!

Best,
Amani AlOnazi
MSc Computer Science
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

--

this email.