giraph-user mailing list archives

From KAUSHIK SARKAR <countkaus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding MasterCompute object causes "failed to report status" errors
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2012 06:39:27 GMT
Hi Nick,

Please refer to the SimpleMasterComputeWorkerContext class in the attached
SimpleMasterComputeVertex.java file (This is from the snapshot of 0.2 that
I am using. It is approx. 1 month old. It seems that the WorkerContext
class is different from the current svn version. I am not aware if this
change made in the current version to reflect some change in the API
behaviour, but I followed the WorkerContext definition from the attached
file and my code worked.)

You will see that you need to register the aggregator twice - in the
initialize() method of MasterCompute (which you have done) and in the
preApplication() method of the WorkerContext. Moreover in the
preSuperstep() method of the WorkerContext, you need to call
useAggregator() method.

I am not sure if this is the problem with your code, but you can give it a
try and see if it solves your issue.

Regards,
Kaushik

On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 3:04 PM, Nick West <nick.west@benchmarksolutions.com