giraph-user mailing list archives

From Praveen Sripati <praveensrip...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Algorithms implemented in Giraph
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2012 00:26:57 GMT
Paolo,

> Do you have a specific algorithm or use case related to Giraph in mind?

No. I am interested in Hama which is a pure BSP computing framework and so
I was looking for the algorithms implemented on top of Giraph.

> there are a couple of examples in the Google's Pregel paper which have
not been included/implemented in Giraph.

I am aware of the Pregel paper. Hama has implemented PageRank, Shortest
Paths and Bipartiate Matching. Since, both Hama and Giraph are based on
Pregel, it shouldn't be much difficult to implement them in Giraph also.

BTW, I came across `Design and Analysis of BSP Algorithms` in which some of
the algorithms have been implemented in the BSP model. I am planning to
implement some of the algorithms in Hama/Giraph.

[1] - http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/summary?doi=10.1.1.9.9247

Thanks,
Praveen