giraph-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From David Garcia <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Giraph 0.1-incubating (rc0)
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2012 03:44:56 GMT
I think these concerns preclude the entire idea of a release.  A release
should be something that users can use as a dependency. . .like a maven
coordinate.  I think you guys should wait until you have made these
decisions. . .and then cut a binary.

On 1/31/12 5:36 PM, "Jakob Homan" <> wrote:

>I've created a candidate for our first release. It's a source release
>without a binary for two reasons: first, there's still discussion
>going on about what needs to be done for the NOTICE and LICENSE files
>for projects that bring in transitive dependencies to the binary
>and second because we're still munging our binary against three types
>of Hadoop, which would mean we'd need to release three different
>binary artifacts, which seems suboptimal.  Hopefully both of these
>issues will be addressed by 0.2.
>I've tested the release against an unsecure 20.2 cluster.  It'd be
>great to test it against other configurations.  Note that we're voting
>on the tag; the files are provided as a convenience.
>Release notes: 
>Release artifacts:
>Corresponding svn tag:
>Our signing keys (my key doesn't seem to be being picked up by
>The vote runs for 72 hours, until Friday 4pm PST.  After a successful
>vote here, Incubator will vote on the release as well.

View raw message