giraph-user mailing list archives

From Jeffrey Yunes <jeff.yu...@berkeley.edu>
Subject maven, hadoop, zookeeper, and giraph!
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2012 02:12:39 GMT
Hi Giraph community,
I think I followed all of the directions (for a Giraph on a psuedo-cluster), and it looks
like

> mvn clean test -Dprop.mapred.job.tracker=localhost:9001

runs fine. However, I'm new to the Hadoop infrastructure, and have a couple of questions about
getting started with Giraph.

1)
> hadoop jar target/giraph-0.2-SNAPSHOT-jar-with-dependencies.jar org.apache.giraph.benchmark.PageRankBenchmark
-e 1 -s 3 -v -V 50 -w 3

gives me the error "java.lang.NullPointerException at at org.apache.giraph.benchmark.PageRankBenchmark.run(PageRankBenchmark.java:127)"
It looks like some error with configuration?

2) How should I / do I enable the log4j? An appender that writes to the HDFS? How else could
I grep all my logs for errors and things?

3) With regard to Giraph and maven, none of the directions suggested doing "local overrides."
Therefore, why should I expect my Giraph installation to refer to libraries and configuration
in "~/Applications/hadoop or zookeeper" rather than those in "~.m2/repo?"

4) Why doesn't running maven for Giraph install hadoop along the way (or does it)?

I'd appreciate if you'd help improve my understanding!

Thanks!
-Jeff