giraph-user mailing list archives

From Avery Ching <ach...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Giraph Stats - Sent messages=0
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2012 19:39:26 GMT
I could see how this is confusing.  "Sent messages" is a superstep based
counter.  When the console prints the "giraph stats", they are for the
last superstep, in that case, likely the number of sent messages is 0.
If you have a long running application that sends messages, watch the
job stats from the hadoop job webpage and you should see the "Sent
messages" != 0 for intermediate supersteps.

Hope that helps,

Avery

On 1/9/12 3:08 AM, "Christoph Böhm" wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> when my job is done the console output includes "Sent messages=0".
> This is not the case ... I mean I know that messages are being sent around.
> In org.apache.giraph.graph.BspServiceMaster.coordinateSuperstep() I find that globalStats.getMessageCount()
and sentMessagesCounter.getValue() always return equal numbers. Thus the counters seam to
be up-to-date. Is there some flag I forget to set or where is a good spot to fix this?