giraph-dev mailing list archives

From José Luis Larroque <larroques...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: giraph learning materials
Date Wed, 12 Apr 2017 21:42:54 GMT
Hi xing,

There are two good books of Giraph as far as i know:

   - Practical Graph Analytics with Apache Giraph
   - Large-Scale Graph Processing Using Apache Giraph

You really should use one of those (or both if you can afford them),
because they will save you some time in your effort of learning Giraph.

In my opinion, you should use Giraph 1.2, because the previous version has
some problems with out-of-core performance, and when you start to do
serious stuff with this framework, you probably will hit that issue.

The version of hadoop depends of the version of Giraph that you will
choose. I recently saw that a user told us that Giraph 1.2 can be used with
Hadoop 2.6.

Anyway, your question for a beginner in this framework is, in my opinion,
to generic for been more specific.

Good luck!

--
*José Luis Larroque*
Licenciado en Informática - Facultad de Informática - UNLP