giraph-dev mailing list archives

From Alessio Arleo <ingar...@icloud.com>
Subject Re: Apache Giraph on GitHub
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2016 21:47:23 GMT
That's a great idea Sergey.
+1

Get Outlook for iOS

		_____________________________
From: Sergey Edunov <edunov@apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2016 11:11 PM
Subject: Apache Giraph on GitHub
To:  <dev@giraph.apache.org>

Hi Giraph Devs,

Now, when the Giraph 1.2.0 is out, I wanted to bring up a question of
migration to Github.
There are multiple reasons to migrate:
1) Code reviews. We're using reviews.facebook.net which is going to be
discontinued soon. We can also use Apache review board, but it is much
less convenient.
2) Github is industry wide standard and many potential contributors
feel more comfortable using it.
3) Pull requests are so sweet and provide better tracking (we have
many features and fixes buried in our JIRA, and it is very
discouraging for new contributors)
4) There is already Giraph mirror on Github:
https://github.com/apache/giraph and there are few pull requests which
we have never accepted.

What do you think? If nobody objects, I'll initiate migration process
and post an update when it is done.

Regards,
Sergey Edunov