giraph-dev mailing list archives

From "Ing. Alessio Arleo" <ingar...@icloud.com>
Subject Giraph Layout Algorithm in examples
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2016 08:02:30 GMT
Dear all,

I have been working with Giraph for quite some time now, and I focused on developing distributed
layout algorithms with it. With my work I earned three publications on the subject (two on
conferences and one on journal, links after the signature) and I would now like to insert
my algorithm (a force-directed single and multi-level layout) into the Giraph library of examples.

If the community sees this as a valuable addition, I would be really glad to proceed (I do
not know if a thread on Jira would be created, since I’m not familiar with it I will leave
that to you) especially given the close release of version 1.2.0.

Keep up the good work :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ing. Alessio Arleo

Dottorando in Ingegneria Industriale e dell’Informazione

Dottore Magistrale in Ingegneria Informatica e dell’Automazione
Dottore in Ingegneria Informatica ed Elettronica

Linkedin: it.linkedin.com/in/IngArleo <http://it.linkedin.com/in/IngArleo>
Skype: Ing. Alessio Arleo

Tel: +39 075 5853920
Cell: +39 349 0575782

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arleo, A., Didimo, W., Liotta, G., & Montecchiani, F. (2015). A Million Edge Drawing for
a Fistful of Dollars. In Graph Drawing and Network Visualization (pp. 44-51). Springer International
Publishing.

Arleo, A., Didimo, W., Liotta, G., & Montecchiani, F. (2016). A Distributed Force-Directed
Algorithm on Giraph: Design and Experiments. Preprint submitted to Information Science, arXiv
arXiv:1606.02162

Arleo, A., Didimo, W., Liotta, G., & Montecchiani, F. (2016). A Distributed Multilevel
Force-directed Algorithm, accepted at the International Graph Drawing and Network Visualization
Symposium (GD 2016), arXiv 1608.08522

Further information:

http://www.geeksykings.eu/gila/ <http://www.geeksykings.eu/gila/>
http://www.geeksykings.eu/ <http://www.geeksykings.eu/>multigila