giraph-dev mailing list archives

From <olivier.var...@orange.com>
Subject Giraph - Porting to Java 1.6 - diamond operator issue
Date Wed, 31 Dec 2014 09:21:49 GMT
Hi to all,

because of actual production environment constraints, I need to make Giraph 1.1 compatible
with Java 1.6.
My production environment is Java 1.6.0_26-b03 / Cloudera cdh4.4.0 ... I know, I know ...
:( :( :(

However, I am stuck on this syntax, and I don't know how to make it compatible with Java 1.6
.

* diamond operator is not supported in 1.6 so

here "new WrappedMappingInputFormat<>("

public WrappedMappingInputFormat<I, V, E, ? extends Writable>
createWrappedMappingInputFormat() {
  // how to determine ? extends Writable
  // via conf ?   mappingTargetClass ???
  //Type T = mappingTargetClass.getGenericSuperclass();
  //Class<T> l_writable = (Class<T>) ((ParameterizedType) getMappingInputFormatClass().getGenericSuperclass()).getActualTypeArguments()[3];

  WrappedMappingInputFormat<I, V, E, ? extends Writable>
    wrappedMappingInputFormat =
      new WrappedMappingInputFormat<>(createMappingInputFormat());
  configureIfPossible(wrappedMappingInputFormat);
  return wrappedMappingInputFormat;
}

What would be the trick / construct to make it 1.6 compatible ?
( watch out the "? extends Writable" ... )

Thanks a lot

best regards and happy new year

Olivier

------------------------------------
Olivier Varène
Big Data Referent
Orange - DSI France/Digital Factory
olivier.varene@orange.com
+33 4 97 46 29 94

et ne doivent donc
erreur, veuillez le signaler
susceptibles d'alteration,

be protected by law;
and its attachments.
As emails may be altered, Orange is not liable for messages that have been modified, changed
or falsified.
Thank you.