giraph-dev mailing list archives

From "Zhang, David (Paypal Risk)" <pengzh...@ebay.com>
Subject RE: Dynamic graphs vs Graph mutations!
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2014 01:32:20 GMT
Yes, of course Giraph support dynamic graph mutation.
Graph mutation API is in Vertex class: https://github.com/apache/giraph/blob/release-1.0/giraph-core/src/main/java/org/apache/giraph/graph/Vertex.java
You can find some functions like addEdge, reomveEdge, addVertexRequest ...

Thanks,
Zhang, David

-----Original Message-----
From: Khaled Ammar [mailto:khaled.ammar@gmail.com]
Sent: 2014年9月16日 1:37
To: dev@giraph.apache.org
Subject: Dynamic graphs vs Graph mutations!

Hi all,

I understand that Pregel supports graph mutations when vertices issue requests to make changes
in the graph topology (add/remove vertex/edge). I have two questions here:

1- Does the same concept applies to supporting dynamic graphs? (Graphs that change over time
where the add/remove vertex/edge is read from a file instead of being generated by the vertex?)
2- Which class/function handles graph mutations in the source code?

Thanks,
-Khaled