giraph-dev mailing list archives

From Toshio ITO <toshio9....@toshiba.co.jp>
Subject Re: Giraph (1.1.0-SNAPSHOT and 1.0.0-RC3) unit tests fail
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2014 08:51:23 GMT
Hi Roman.

I checked out release-1.1.0-RC0 and succeeded to build it.

    $ git checkout release-1.1.0-RC0
    $ mvn clean
    $ mvn package -Phadoop_2 -DskipTests
    ## SUCCESS

However, when I ran the tests with LocalJobRunner, it failed.

    $ mvn clean
    $ mvn package -Phadoop_2

It passed tests from "Core" and "Examples", but it failed at
"Accumulo I/O".

    testAccumuloInputOutput(org.apache.giraph.io.accumulo.TestAccumuloVertexFormat)

The error log contained the following exception

    java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Found interface org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.JobContext,
but class was expected

Next I wanted to run the tests with a running Hadoop2 instance, but
I'm having trouble to set it up (I'm quite new to Hadoop).

Could you show me some example configuration (etc/hadoop/* files) of
Hadoop 2.2.0 single-node cluster? That would be very helpful.

> On Sun, Jun 29, 2014 at 5:06 PM, Toshio ITO <toshio9.ito@toshiba.co.jp> wrote:
> > Hi Roman.
> >
> > Thanks for the reply.
> >
> > OK, I'll try hadoop_1 and hadoop_2 with the latest
> > release-1.1.0-RC0 and report the result.
>
> That would be extremely helpful!
>
> And speaking of which -- I'd like to remind folks
> that taking RC0 for a spin would really help
> at this point. If we ever want to have 1.1.0 out
> we need the required PMC votes.
>
> Thanks,
> Roman.
Toshio Ito