giraph-dev mailing list archives

From Armando Miraglia <a.mirag...@student.vu.nl>
Subject Re: Is anyone monitoring Jenkins?
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2013 13:19:56 GMT
Hi Rob

On Mon, Dec 02, 2013 at 11:41:59AM +0000, Rob Vesse wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I was wondering whether any of the Giraph developers are actually monitoring
> the Jenkins builds for Giraph?

For what is my personal experience, in most cases Jenkins was signaling
errors which where not even present. Hence, at some point the final
report has been almost completely ignored.

> The reason I asked is I updated my personal fork with the latest changes
> from Trunk and ran into a build error because of the recent change to
> requiring Java 7.  After fixing this by upgrading my JDK install I then ran
> into another error (filed as GIRAPH-807) which prompted me to look at the
> Jenkins builds for Giraph
> (https://builds.apache.org/user/rvesse/my-views/view/Giraph/) to see if they
> were actually passing.  I notice that several of the builds haven't
> succeeded for several months which leads me to question is the project
> actually maintaining support for the different build profiles?
>
> Btw a couple of the builds appear to be down to trying to build with JDK 1.6
> which fails because JDK 1.7 is now required, in those cases I have fixed the
> build configuration for you and kicked off fresh builds though with the
> contention on the Apache Jenkins servers it'll be a few hours before I can
> see whether this fixes those builds.

I agree that the current version needs to be fixed to address all the
compilation/run time errors that you have signaled so far. I have been
working on one of them but for now I have not been successful.

Cheers,
A.