giraph-dev mailing list archives

From Eli Reisman <apache.mail...@gmail.com>
Subject Hadoop Summit 2013 in San Jose
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2013 15:24:30 GMT
Hey,

Any of you going to be at Hadoop Summit in San Jose this week?

I applied to talk about Giraph and its future (especially around YARN but
kind of open to all sorts of new stuff there) while I was at Hortwonworks
last spring. I did not hear back again since, upon accepting a job at Etsy,
I did not have access to my Hortonworks email any more. I bugged my
contacts there about getting me back in the loop for this but did not hear
back from any one. After the submission deadline had passed and still no
word back from anyone regarding this, I assumed my talk had not been
accepted.

Now, I see I'm on the schedule to speak this thursday! I am still trying to
contact folks at HW to confirm that this is correct (they never once
blinked at me never responding to any emails after the initial
submission?!?) and trying to work out the logistics of getting down there
at this late date etc.

So...if any of you are already set to be there and/or would be interested
in subbing this Thursday around 3:30 pm in San Jose for 40 min, please ping
me back here and include *ereisman@etsy.com* in the reply too so I get it
quickly today. I may not be able to pull this off, and would love to see a
Giraph committer represented there to talk about the future of Giraph if I
can't!

Thanks,

Eli