giraph-dev mailing list archives

From Avery Ching <ach...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Hadoop Summit 2013 in San Jose
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2013 15:39:54 GMT
Hi Eli,

Congrats at getting your talk accepted at the Hadoop Summit.  I've seen
it listed in the talks and I'm sure it is something that folks would be
interested in seeing.

http://hadoopsummit.org/san-jose/schedule/

You should definitely reach out to your mentor at Hortonworks regarding
this.

Since you did the heavy lifting and the submission it would be best if
you can give your talk.  Last year when I gave a talk, there was
standing room only (folks were really interested in Giraph).  It would
be a great experience for you and also great for exposure for your new
company.  I would advise that you try really hard to make it.  If you
absolutely cannot, I hope that someone local might be able to make it on
your behalf.

Avery