giraph-dev mailing list archives

From Lewis John Mcgibbney <lewis.mcgibb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GSOC Application on "Giraph implementation of Nutch LinkRank Algorithm"
Date Mon, 06 May 2013 15:26:22 GMT
Ii Ahmet,
I asked interested students to get on to the Giraph mailing lists, to get
their proposals on to the Giraph wiki, etc. as this would increase interest
in the project from within the community.
Unfortunately it is not down to potential mentors to schedule and manage
the way students submit their proposals. This is strictly down to students.
Regarding your intention to keep working on the project regardless of GSoC
this is great. You are very welcome to engage with the community  via lists
and Jira and your contributions will be acknowledged and reviewed.
I am very sorry that you've missed the train for this years GSoC but I'm
sure you can appreciate that individually contacting each student to remind
them to submit proposals does not scale particularly well... especially
over the weekend.
Lewis

--
*Lewis*