giraph-dev mailing list archives

From Claudio Martella <claudio.marte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: armax00 - GSoC 2013
Date Thu, 30 May 2013 20:11:25 GMT
Hi!

On behalf of the Giraph team, I'd like to welcome our two GSoC students
Armando and Renato to Giraph. We are happy to have you on board and we are
looking forward to see your progress. Armando will work on the integration
of Giraph with the Tinkerpop ecosystem, while Renato will work on the
integration with Gora. Both these projects will allow Giraph to process
data from a number of different stores and technologies, hopefully opening
up Giraph to a new group of users and use cases.

Until the 17th of June, Armando and Renato will get acquainted with Giraph,
by setting up their environment and get used to the process of contributing
to Giraph. To do so, they will start by contributing to a bunch of issues
that are not necessarily related to their actual GSoC project.

I have suggested them a bunch of issues by email, but I invite the other
team members to suggest issues that they might find useful and adequate for
the guys to start working on. I imagine these issues do not necessarily
need to be at the infrastructure-level, but can easily be also
application-level algorithms, such as label propagation (which was one of
my suggestions).

Best,
Claudio

--