giraph-dev mailing list archives

From Eli Reisman <apache.mail...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fwd: [VOTE] Release Giraph 1.0 (rc0)
Date Sun, 14 Apr 2013 16:41:28 GMT
I give this a big +1, I am waiting with excitement for the "tax day
release" so I can get us up and running at Etsy!

Our support for 1.1.1 is speculative, but we should definitely dig in and
get this happening today/tomorrow to get it into the release, others have
asked and I'm quite sure the 1.1.x line of Hadoop is going to be popular.

Avery, interesting you mention, I was wondering this same thing due to our
versioning scheme, which seems non-negotiable: were we to ever post release
tarballs to M2 or other repos, we would in fact have to build/maintain one
for each Hadoop version we support (plus the YARN profile.)

Does this mean (as I suspect it does) that we will probably be doing source
releases only into the future. This is not a problem for me (yet) but just
wondering if you had any ideas about what a future deployment release (or
set of parallel releases for all Hadoops) will look like?

Really excited about the release, and excited to get Giraph up and running
on a real cluster again, and see these improvements first hand!