giraph-dev mailing list archives

From Lewis John Mcgibbney <lewis.mcgibb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Karma for Giraph wiki
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2013 16:33:18 GMT
Hi Claudio,
It is safe to assume that if you can get a potential student candidate then
they can still put forth a proposal (under the ASF org) for this years GSoC
program.
I think the deadline is a few days away.
If you are interested in mentoring then resources are well documented below

http://community.apache.org/gsoc.html

On Wednesday, April 17, 2013, Claudio Martella <claudio.martella@gmail.com>
wrote:
> OK, I see, by project you mean a student's individual solution to the
> Nutch-Giraph integration problem.
> I was curious to see if we're still on time to get another student for
> another problem (e.g. the integration with Tinkerpop), but I have the
> feeling we're late for GSoC 2013.
>
> Or do you know if there's a pool around through Apache we can still fish
in?

> On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 5:29 PM, Eli Reisman <apache.mailbox@gmail.com
>wrote:
>
>> No its awesome, feel free, we love it!
>>

>> On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 11:21 AM, Lewis John Mcgibbney <
>> lewis.mcgibbney@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi Eli,
>> > This conversation is for the delegation of Nutch/Giraph integration
issue
>> > however this by no means prevents anyone else from the Giraph community
>> > getting involved in the project or in GSoC.
>> > Hopefully my other mail explains a bit more behind.the creation of the
>> GSoC
>> > page in the Giraph wiki.
>> > Thank you
>> > Lewis