giraph-dev mailing list archives

From Lewis John Mcgibbney <lewis.mcgibb...@gmail.com>
Subject GSoC Update
Date Fri, 12 Apr 2013 22:49:38 GMT
Hi All,
So I would like to continue the conversation on GIRAPH-584, basically I've
been advised to try and drum up more support from within the Giraph
community from Dev's with commit status to get interested in the project.
Justification for this is simple and as follows [1], being a mentor without
being a committer brings the problem that I cannot commit the student
patches. This means that some other committer would be responsible for
reviewing and committing any proposals we put forth to improve Giraph.

The other option is to move this project out of Giraph and over to Nutch...
that was I or some others could mentor.
I would really like to work closely with the Giraph community on this
project though, this was my initial justification for brining it to Giraph
Jira in the first place.

On the positive side we have two students who are potentially interested in
taking the project on for the summer.

Any comments on this?
Thank you very much in advance.

[0] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GIRAPH-584