giraph-dev mailing list archives

From Lewis John Mcgibbney <lewis.mcgibb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Giraph 1.0 (rc0)
Date Sat, 13 Apr 2013 01:05:39 GMT
Hi,
1) I would second Romans comment that the tarball spews a lot of garbage
when I extract it.
2) PGP key is fine
3) md5sum is NOT, this is an issue
4) I can compile and package the Giraph source on Hadoop 1.1.1, however my
tests fail with the following, however I think this is specific to my local
box.
Test set: org.apache.giraph.io.hbase.TestHBaseRootMarkerVertextFormat
Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 602.008 sec
<<< FAILURE!
testHBaseInputOutput(org.apache.giraph.io.hbase.TestHBaseRootMarkerVertextFormat)
Time elapsed: 601.915 sec  <<< ERROR!
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.NoServerForRegionException: Unable to find
region for  after 10 tries.
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.locateRegionInMeta(HConnectionManager.java:888)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.locateRegion(HConnectionManager.java:797)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.locateRegion(HConnectionManager.java:766)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.<init>(HTable.java:189)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HBaseTestingUtility.restartHBaseCluster(HBaseTestingUtility.java:395)
    at
org.apache.giraph.io.hbase.TestHBaseRootMarkerVertextFormat.testHBaseInputOutput(TestHBaseRootMarkerVertextFormat.java:138)
    at
    at
    at
org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod$1.runReflectiveCall(FrameworkMethod.java:44)
    at
org.junit.internal.runners.model.ReflectiveCallable.run(ReflectiveCallable.java:15)
    at
org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod.invokeExplosively(FrameworkMethod.java:41)
    at
org.junit.internal.runners.statements.InvokeMethod.evaluate(InvokeMethod.java:20)
    at
org.junit.internal.runners.statements.RunBefores.evaluate(RunBefores.java:28)
    at
org.junit.internal.runners.statements.RunAfters.evaluate(RunAfters.java:31)
    at
org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.runChild(BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.java:76)
    at
org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.runChild(BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.java:50)
    at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$3.run(ParentRunner.java:193)
    at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$1.schedule(ParentRunner.java:52)
    at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.runChildren(ParentRunner.java:191)
    at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.access$000(ParentRunner.java:42)
    at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$2.evaluate(ParentRunner.java:184)
    at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.run(ParentRunner.java:236)
    at
org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4TestSet.execute(JUnit4TestSet.java:59)
    at
org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.executeTestSet(AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.java:120)
    at
org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.execute(AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.java:103)
    at org.apache.maven.surefire.Surefire.run(Surefire.java:169)
    at
    at
    at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.runSuitesInProcess(SurefireBooter.java:350)
    at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.main(SurefireBooter.java:1021)
5) It is great to see that you guys provide a RAT plugin, however the
rat:check target fails with too many unapproved licenses.

I'll keep digging here and see if I can find out anything else about the RC.

Great work guys

Lewis

--
*Lewis*