giraph-dev mailing list archives

From Alessandro Presta <alessan...@fb.com>
Subject VertexEdges naming
Date Mon, 15 Apr 2013 17:58:56 GMT
Hi all,

The more I look at it, the more I think that VertexEdges was an unfortunate naming choice
on my part: I was trying to convey the idea that it contains the out-edges for a particular
vertex, but I'm afraid someone less accustomed to this computational model would get confused.
Some alternatives could be Edges (simple but maybe too generic) or OutEdges (more explicit,
although we don't use the out-edges terminology in other parts of Giraph). I think I'm slightly
in favor of OutEdges.
Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Alessandro