giraph-dev mailing list archives

From Avery Ching <ach...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Experimental Integration into Mahout
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2013 19:18:45 GMT
HI Nicolas,

I'd be interested in seeing this algorithm implemented in Giraph. My
suggestion would be to put it directly in Giraph.  We should create a
new maven module called giraph-applications and then maybe something
like org.apache.giraph.application.affinity package.  You can see
org.apache.giraph.examples as an example. We should also move the other
actual applications out of examples so that they are easier to run.
Anyone else have any thoughts?

Avery

On 3/12/13 12:12 PM, Nicolas Lalevée wrote:
> I am not sure what you think by integration, but I am implementing the affinity propagation
algorithm proposed by Frey and Dueck [1]. And Giraph is a perfect fit for the implementation.
And I was wondering, if I have the opportunity to contribute that implementation, where should
I post it ? Giraph since it is based on it ? Or Mahout along with the other clustering algorithm
?