giraph-dev mailing list archives

From Alessandro Presta <alessan...@fb.com>
Subject LongDoubleFloatDoubleVertex
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2013 06:54:35 GMT
Hi all,

Does anyone feel strongly for LongDoubleFloatDoubleVertex?
Reasons why I think it should be removed:

  1.  Right now it's incorrect (returns target vertex id as edge value).
  2.  Iteration will always be inefficient, since the underlying Mahout open-addressing hash
map implementation doesn't provide iterators. It provides a way to copy the keys and values
to external arrays/lists.
  3.  It's the only reason why we have Mahout as a dependency.

I think we should strive to provide model implementations that are generic and/or extremely
efficient. This one satisfies neither.

Thanks,

Alessandro