giraph-dev mailing list archives

From Jiadong Wu <jw...@gatech.edu>
Subject File input format in GiraphRunner.java
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2013 21:17:24 GMT
Hi All,

I'm new to Giraph and related hadoop projects. After playing with it
for several days I finally get the shortest path example running. The
roadblock turns out to be the file input format setting in
GiraphRunner.java.

With the input files provided at wiki page, the shortest path example
should work out of the box. However, the following command will lead
to a IOException in master thread,
$ hadoop jar giraph-0.2-SNAPSHOT-for-hadoop-1.0.2-jar-with-dependencies.jar
org.apache.giraph.GiraphRunner
org.apache.giraph.examples.SimpleShortestPathsVertex -w 3 -if
org.apache.giraph.io.formats.JsonLongDoubleFloatDoubleVertexInputFormat
-ip shortestPathsInputGraph -of
org.apache.giraph.io.formats.JsonLongDoubleFloatDoubleVertexOutputFormat
-op shortestPathsOutputGraph

The reason is that the underlying TextVertexInputFormat reads data
from GiraphTextInputFormat but GiraphRunner sets input path with
hadoop.mapreduce.lib.input.FileInputFormat. To run the shortest path
example, the GiraphRunner.java should import
org.apache.giraph.io.formats.GiraphFileInputFormat and should use
GiraphFileInputFormat.addVertexInputPath to set the path. However, I'm
not sure whether this modification will make GiraphRunner less
general.

Regards,

Jiadong