giraph-dev mailing list archives

From Eli Reisman <apache.mail...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting started with Giraph
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2012 21:37:52 GMT
In Giraph, you do batch offline processing of existing graph data, in the
style of frameworks like Hadoop. There are benchmarks and special IO
formats that will generate their own data for use in Giraph runs, but
Giraph is about processing not generating graphs. You can run things like
the Page Rank Benchmark (described on the website) to get an idea how this
limited graph generation interacts with the benchmark code, or take a look
at the examples/ and io/ directories for some ideas of how to write client
code of your own.

More docs on the website will be forthcoming, sorry about the delay.