giraph-dev mailing list archives

From "Owen O'Malley" <omal...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Board report
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2012 16:02:39 GMT
On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 12:10 AM, Avery Ching <aching@apache.org> wrote:

> Here is a first draft.  Any comments?

Maybe something like:

Status report for the Apache Giraph project - July 2012

Giraph is a Bulk Synchronous Parallel framework for writing programs that
analyze large graphs on a Hadoop cluster. Giraph is similar to Google's
Pregel system.

Project Status
--------------

Releases:
  0.2.0 - expected XXXX
     * Reduce memory consumption
     * Improve support for the Green-Marl project.

The transition to being a full Apache project is nearly complete (still a
few references to incubator on the website).

Community
---------

Activity has picked up on Apache Giraph and more contributors seem to be
gaining interest and we had 24 commits for the month of June.  We should
try to convert some contributors to committers soon.

Mailing lists:
  XXXX subscribers on dev
  XXXX subscribers on user