giraph-dev mailing list archives

From Avery Ching <ach...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Board report
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2012 07:10:54 GMT
Here is a first draft.  Any comments?

Avery

Status report for the Apache Giraph project - July 2012

Giraph is loose implementation of Google's Pregel that runs on Hadoop.

Project Status
--------------

Activity has picked up on Apache Giraph and more contributors seem to be
gaining interest.  The transition to being a full Apache project is
nearly complete (still a few references to incubator on the website).

Community
---------

The project community seems to be getting more active, we had 24 commits
for the month of June.  We should try to convert some contributors to
committers soon.

Community Objectives

* Reduce memory consumption
* Cut a release

Releases
--------

We need to make 0.2 release to support folks such as Green-Marl.