giraph-dev mailing list archives

From Avery Ching <ach...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Order of imports
Date Sat, 30 Jun 2012 05:34:47 GMT
It's not silly at all.  I suggest that we add some checkstyle rules for
enforcing our convention as well.

http://checkstyle.sourceforge.net/config_imports.html

I like AvoidStarImport, RedundantImport, UnusedImports, and (most
related to this question) ImportOrder.

Any thoughts?

Avery

On 6/29/12 8:23 AM, Alessandro Presta wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Kind of a silly concern, but nevertheless:
>
> IntelliJ IDEA does a great job at optimizing imports for you. While doing so, it also
insists in reorganizing them following some logic.
> Since it's not nice to have a patch dirtied by imports reordering every time a different
person touches a class, it could be a good idea to come up with a convention and configure
our IDEs accordingly.