From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: HEADS-UP: ASM 3.1 shaded and org.objectweb.asm becomes org.apache.xbean.asm
Date Tue, 26 May 2009 16:44:45 GMT

On May 22, 2009, at 6:11 PM, Jacek Laskowski wrote:

> On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 11:37 PM, Jacek Laskowski
> <jacek@laskowski.net.pl> wrote:
>
>> One (small) step at a time? :) I'll give it a shot ->
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/XBEAN-129
>
> Done. It turned out very easy. Thanks for encouragement :)

I'm not very happy with the current way this is implemented.  I guess
my fundamental point of view is that shading is only needed when you
don't have good classloaders such as osgi or (some version of) the
geronimo ones.  I don't think the core xbean libraries should make
such assumptions about classloaders but should assume good classloading.

So I'd prefer that the core xbean libraries use plan asm and that we
provide shaded xbean libraries that use the shaded asm jar.  If no one
objects I'm happy to set this up.

thanks
david jencks