From Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: asm shading
Date Thu, 14 May 2009 23:25:24 GMT
On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 11:05 AM, Jacek Laskowski <jacek@laskowski.net.pl> wrote:

> It broke the tests in xbean-reflect and I don't know why. I don't know
> why reader.accept(visitor, false); in AsmParameterNameLoader used
> boolean input param as ClassReader doesn't provide such a method -
> http://asm.objectweb.org/current/doc/javadoc/user/org/objectweb/asm/ClassReader.html.
> Am I doing it wrong? Help appreciated. I'd like to get it fixed in
> XBean 3.5 if it won't last too long (say 2-3 days)

It took longer than I wished to, but I finally worked it out - there's
a mismatch between ASM 1.5.3 and the newest versions (cf.
http://blog.springsource.com/2007/06/11/asm-version-incompatibilities-using-spring-autowired-with-hibernate/).
The solution is to create a shaded project and that's what is to be a
dependency where the original project was. Pretty simple. I'm going to
commit the change soon. Any objections? I'd like to use it in the
upcoming OpenEJB 3.1.1 version which is going to be released by J1.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski