From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject OSGi and xbean-finder
Date Fri, 10 Apr 2009 04:42:33 GMT
Repost of a chunk of conversation on a felix jira issue:

On FELIX-1010, Apr 9, 2009, at 7:09 PM, David Jencks wrote:

> We've been wondering what will happen to the UrlSet code that lists
> all the class files in a jar in an osgi environment.

It's looking like it might not be too hard.  It looks like
Bundle.findEntries("","*.class", true) will get us what we want and
since we do all the ASM parsing in the constructor, we should
theoretically be able to get away with just a new constructor or more
likely a subclass.  Might run into a snag in regards to classloading
and lifecycle -- as long as the classloader is available when the
'find' methods are invoked after the ASM parse, it should be workable.

Hoping to get a chance to take a look at this next week.

-David