From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject [VOTE] Release XBean 3.5
Date Fri, 23 Jan 2009 22:13:38 GMT
I've uploaded a distribution of Xbean 3.5 which includes the following
changes:
   * SocketAddress factory example for Alex [1]
   * XBEAN-111 Only register Converters with the VM when requested [2]
   * Make dependencies optional [3]
   * XBEAN-114 generify xbean-naming [4]
   * XBEAN-115 Fix rebind of entry added using deepBind [5]
   * XBEAN-115 similar fix to for WritableContext for consistency [6]
   * try to follow apache policy and not deploy timestamped snapshots [7]
   * Fix classloader name when throwing a CNFE [8]
   * Let the tests pass on non-MacOS OSes [9]
   * XBEAN-120 Search for semi-annotated classes in inheritance tree (as
if @Inherited's applied) [10]
   * XBEAN-120 Search for semi-annotated classes in inheritance tree (as
if @Inherited's applied) [11]
   * update copyright years to include 2009 [12]
   * add a siteId property to assist in release [13]

Please help validate this release.  I'm a little concerned about
xbean-spring as I noticed some errors fly by during the release process
but everything eventually passed successfully.  I'll start validating
this in a Geronimo server image but at the moment it will only utilize
xbean-naming 3.5.

The staging repository is available at
    http://people.apache.org/~jbohn/staging-repo/xbean/
and the tag is available at
    http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/xbean/tags/xbean-3.5/

I've run the rat tool to validate license headers.  I'm currently
looking through the jars to ensure LICENSE/NOTICE files are present.

Please review and vote:
   [ ] +1 Release xbean 3.4.2
   [ ] -1 Do not, because ...

The vote will be open for 72 hours or longer as necessary to validate
the images and get sufficient participation in the vote.

[1] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=689356
[2] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=703580
[3] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=705314
[4] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=707161