From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject asm shading
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2009 09:05:56 GMT
Hi,

DMB did asm shading for openejb 3.1 so people working with Hibernate
won't run into any issues (cf.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENEJB-892). Instead of his
doing in OpenEJB it'd be great if xbean provided a shaded asm itself.
Is this a correct approach? I've attempted to fix it and created a new
module - xbean-asm-shaded with the following part of its pom.xml:

        <plugins>
            <plugin>
                <artifactId>maven-shade-plugin</artifactId>
                <executions>
                    <execution>
                        <phase>package</phase>
                        <goals>
                            <goal>shade</goal>
                        </goals>
                        <configuration>
                            <relocations>
                                <relocation>
                                    <pattern>org.objectweb.asm</pattern>

<shadedPattern>org.apache.xbean.asm</shadedPattern>
                                </relocation>
                            </relocations>
                        </configuration>
                    </execution>
                </executions>
            </plugin>
        </plugins>

It broke the tests in xbean-reflect and I don't know why. I don't know
why reader.accept(visitor, false); in AsmParameterNameLoader used
boolean input param as ClassReader doesn't provide such a method -
http://asm.objectweb.org/current/doc/javadoc/user/org/objectweb/asm/ClassReader.html.
Am I doing it wrong? Help appreciated. I'd like to get it fixed in
XBean 3.5 if it won't last too long (say 2-3 days)

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski