From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: Slim spring?
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2007 04:28:15 GMT
Slimmer == better IMO.  Still wish those 2 core jars were like half
the size though :-(  Maybe someone can shade them to remove any
uneeded crapo?  But still 0.5m is *much* better than 2m IMO.

Not sure about the provided bits, IMO it should be easy for folks to
use a newer+compatible version of spring, so whatever that is, I'm
for that.  But atm I'm not sure if that is to use provided and force
folks to declare (which they probably already will) or to force folks
to use excludes if needed.

Would be nice of Maven had some support for this uber jar concept and
could handle projects saying that I depend on "spring" and then
figure out what the correct version is to use, regardless of an
uberjar or partials.  Or *uck it... just don't use ubers, though I
know they are nice and simple.  Blah...

--jason