From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Problem with the maven-xbean-plugin and java 5??
Date Mon, 18 Jun 2007 06:00:09 GMT
I thought I'd try out xbean-spring a bit but am getting some peculiar
results...

A method like this:

     /**
      * @org.apache.xbean.Property
nestedType="org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.ldif.Entry"
      *
      * @param testEntries
      */
     public void setTestEntries( List testEntries )
     {
         super.setTestEntries( testEntries );
     }

results in a schema bit like this:

         <xs:element name='testEntries' minOccurs='0' maxOccurs='1'>
           <xs:annotation>
             <xs:documentation><![CDATA[
               Returns test directory entries({@link Attributes}) to
be loaded while
bootstrapping.
             ]]></xs:documentation>
           </xs:annotation>
           <xs:complexType>
             <xs:sequence minOccurs='0' maxOccurs='unbounded'><xs:any
namespace='##other'/></xs:sequence>
           </xs:complexType>
         </xs:element>

(note maxOccurs='unbounded')

as I expected but if I include generics...

     /**
      * @org.apache.xbean.Property
nestedType="org.apache.directory.server.core.configuration.Authenticator
Configuration"
      *
      * @param authenticators
      */
     public void setAuthenticatorConfigurations
( Set<AuthenticatorConfiguration> authenticators )
     {
         super.setAuthenticatorConfigurations( authenticators );
     }

     /**
      * @org.apache.xbean.Property
nestedType="org.apache.directory.server.core.configuration.PartitionConf
iguration"
      *
      * @param paritionConfigurations partitions to start
      */
     public void setPartitionConfigurations( Set<? extends
PartitionConfiguration> paritionConfigurations )
     {
         super.setPartitionConfigurations( paritionConfigurations );
     }

I get

         <xs:element name='authenticatorConfigurations' minOccurs='0'
maxOccurs='1'>
           <xs:annotation>
             <xs:documentation><![CDATA[
               Returns {@link AuthenticatorConfiguration}s to use for
authenticating clients.
             ]]></xs:documentation>
           </xs:annotation>
           <xs:complexType>
             <xs:sequence minOccurs='0' maxOccurs='1'><xs:any
namespace='##other'/></xs:sequence>
           </xs:complexType>
         </xs:element>

         <xs:element name='partitionConfigurations' minOccurs='0'
maxOccurs='1'>
           <xs:annotation>
             <xs:documentation><![CDATA[
               Returns {@link PartitionConfiguration}s to configure
context partitions.
             ]]></xs:documentation>
           </xs:annotation>
           <xs:complexType>
             <xs:sequence minOccurs='0' maxOccurs='1'><xs:any
namespace='##other'/></xs:sequence>
           </xs:complexType>
         </xs:element>

with maxOccurs='1' which I definitely did not expect.

This is happening to me with both xbean 2.8 and 3.0.  (I don't see
the plugin at 3.0.1 in the maven central repo)

Is this expected?  Anyone know of a fix?

thanks
david jencks