From "Alan D. Cabrera" <...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: xbean-finder: ClassFinder
Date Fri, 27 Oct 2006 19:56:02 GMT
Interesting.  Can you provide detail about your security comment and how asm figures into this?

Regards,
Alan

-----Original Message-----
From: David Blevins <david.blevins@visi.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 12:13:39
To:xbean-dev@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: xbean-finder: ClassFinder

So added a finder for searching for classes that have a specific
annotation, etc.  It's there it works and is better than some of the
code i've seen that does the same, but... I still hate it as like all
the approaches I've seen it loads the classes and uses reflection to
determine if the annotation is present.

This is the most insecure code I can think of, so I'm yanking it in
leu of an asm-based approach.  So take this as your warning not to
start consuming the ClassFinder just yet.

-David