From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reviewing and committing
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2006 08:34:15 GMT
BTW how about a new model. Lets call it JCTR.

* create a JIRA
* commit patch and refer to the JIRA issue in the commit comment (**)
* close the JIRA
* other folks review, if need be we can reopen the JIRA again, revert
the patch if need be or continue amending it etc

(**) we can get JIRA to then link to the SVN revision so that folks
can view the patch from JIRA so its similar to attaching a patch to
JIRA just a whole lot less work)

For really complex things we could still switch to full RTC if need be
since the process is JIRA focussed.

The basic idea is that all non-trivial changes should have a JIRA
associated with them, if nothing else than to create good release
notes - and we should endevour to have the SVN and JIRA's wired
together better then folks can then track things via JIRA, email or
SVN with them all linked together nicely.

--

James
-------