From "Guillaume Nodet" <gno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Car maven plugin dedicated to G 1.1
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2006 08:02:31 GMT
The downside of bypassing the release plugin, i.e. including
snapshots dependencies in a release, is that you can not make sure
you will be able to build it again in a few days.  Snapshots are by
definition not stable and could be remove (they are for maven stuff) from
the repository once the stable version is released.

If xbean is only dependant on project-config and you could release that
without a snapshot dep, that would be cool :)

For the release, I' d like to make it asap. let's say at the beginning of
next
week ?

> Are you using the release plugin?
>
> I can make a Genesis release, which will still have a few plugins
> using snaps by doing it by hand.   Some of the bits are core maven
> plugins with bugs and we need to wait for them to release new versions.
>
> Personally I think that is okay for an initial release.
>
> I had also considered (just a few minutes ago) making project-config
> independent from Genesis... this is the important bit for sub-
> projects anyways, as its got ~600 lines of config that is common to
> all top level poms.
>
> When do you plan on making the xbean release?
>
> --jason
>

> On Aug 24, 2006, at 12:43 AM, Guillaume Nodet wrote:
>
> > Jason, I think there are some problems with releasing Genesis,
> > as it depends on snapshot versions of maven stuff.
> > Would it be possible to release a 0.1 version reverting to the
> > non-snapshot maven jars, and switch back just after that ?
> >
> > Or maybe we should revert back to our old standalone pom,
> > and use genesis once these issues are solved.
> > What does genesis offer to xbean ? I guess you did that
> > for the maven site css, right ?
> >
> > On 8/24/06, Guillaume Nodet <gnodet@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> No, there was not.
> >>
> >> Jason, what' s the added value of genesis for xbean right now ?
> >> If it prevent us to release, can we wait a bit or revert ?
> >>
> >> I think Jason did that to use the geronimo css for xbean maven site.

> >> it's not

> >> unfortunately is

> >> because i'd
> >> which has